Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Harry Montana
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I am Harry Montana and I am a forest engineer at a hardwood mill called Hardydeck SRL located in the Bolivian part of the Amazon just across the border with Brazil and I hope to contribute with some useful information on woods, behavior and especially hardwoods.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
How about sending me about 100 BF of local hardwood in the mail?...LOL.

Oh, and stay away from those damn snakes on see on TV.

Mark

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
Welcome to the site Harry. I want ask for too much lol, if a few pen blanks find there way over to Australia I won't say no ;)

Have you got any projects you can post - love to see some of your work.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

·
Registered
611 Posts
wow , what a tree, yes I know Tabebuia guayacan but only from Ecuador, here we have the olive tabebuia..
Have you been to Ecuador? We are going for two weeks (vacation) later this month and September. Quito, Cuenca and Galapagos. My wife set the whole trip up. I'm just now reading about it and frankly I'm a bit worried about some of muggings and such I have read about in Quito.

We've been to some dicey places, including Guatemala City, rural parts of Honduras, Belize City, and not so great parts of Santo Domingo, DR. But Quito sounds like the most challenging.

Last year we vacationed in Peru and spent a lot of time in Iquitos, on the Amazon River. Wow, what a crazy-ass city. 450,000 people and the only way in is by plane or boat. The jungle walk we did was just amazing.

But back to Ecuador...any advice? :eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Harry Montana
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you been to Ecuador? We are going for two weeks (vacation) later this month and September. Quito, Cuenca and Galapagos. My wife set the whole trip up. I'm just now reading about it and frankly I'm a bit worried about some of muggings and such I have read about in Quito.

We've been to some dicey places, including Guatemala City, rural parts of Honduras, Belize City, and not so great parts of Santo Domingo, DR. But Quito sounds like the most challenging.

Last year we vacationed in Peru and spent a lot of time in Iquitos, on the Amazon River. Wow, what a crazy-ass city. 450,000 people and the only way in is by plane or boat. The jungle walk we did was just amazing.

But back to Ecuador...any advice? :eek:
The only thing I know about Ecuador is that the president is a Bolsjevist ruler (along with his friends from Venezuela, Bolivia and Nicaragua). Not sure what to expect..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts