Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided it was time to get serious and step up to the big boy machines. :shifty:

I have been looking for a single end tenoner for quite some time. They were always too far from home or not what I was looking for.

This machine required a 500 mile round trip to the auction and a 22 hour day.

This machine was made in 1948, has 5 heads (upper and lower tenon heads, upper and lower cope heads and a cut off saw) and the table has 48" of travel allowing for a 24" wide piece to be worked. Machine weighs about 2600 pounds.

Have to go to a real computer to post the pictures.

·
Registered
26,989 Posts
Hopefully within the next 10 years. I need to fill out my early 1880's collection of rare and odd machines.

The Greenlee is like a baby compared to the rest of them.
I thought that Greenlee was pretty modern for you. I'm certainly not having any luck finding vintage. I just bought another shaper but it was a Grizzly.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I don't know where you live, but there seems to be better stuff available around your area than mine.

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got a drop to it and lit it up for the first time. It will need some bearings. I will probably just replace all 10, if they are not ridiculous in price. Normally one would have to pull the bearings out, look to see what numbers on on them, check the measurements, yadda yadda yadda, but I have a parts list and build sheet.
It has the bearing size and numbers on it.

I made a short video for all you playing along at home.

·
novice wood hacker
514 Posts
I don't know where you live, but there seems to be better stuff available around your area than mine.
Ryan, I think there is better stuff priced better just about everywhere than around our area. Not very often do deals pop up around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts