Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New guy here. I'll try not to step on any toes. Though I work in the woodworking trade, I have much respect for I know MANY of you who know scads more than me. I look forward to learning.

mojo

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
mrmojorisin(g) I have not heard that for awhile. Unscramble the letters mrmojorisin = Jim Morrison. Welcome, now I am going to dig out a couple Doors albums, I will be back later

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great website, Daren.

Didn't realize you could get 'Jim Morrison' out of my handle. Yeah, the Soft Parade sounds good about now.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Yo mojo. Welcome. Daren is almost right. Drop that "g" and you'll have a perfect anagram for Jim morrison. Mr. Mojo Risin' . . .
At the time L.A. Woman was written, mojo was a slang for, uh, how do I say it, sexual ability so to speak. So it was a double entendre.
It was John Densmore's idea to start that vien of the song slow, as in the begining of "lovemaking" and increase the tempo as in reaching orgasm.
No I did not spend my time ever studying the Doors to the extent to know this stuff. A guitar player in one of my old rock bands was a Jim Morrison/Doors freak and you could not be around him long without becoming a Doors historian yourself. :glare:

·
johnep
2,001 Posts
Now there was a time when stereos came in fancy wood cabinets. We had one with a roll slide door for access to the turntable. After we ditched the stereo, we kept the cabinet as a drinks/glasses unit.
johnep

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
we kept the cabinet as a drinks/glasses unit.
johnep
Years ago I helped a lady turn and upright piano into a bar. Took all the guts out for storage with shelving and poured the keys solid with epoxy and a mold to keep it in place to set drinks, a mini bar top. It had a light inside the upright back part and all. Pretty slick really. She got the piano given to her and did not know how to play (nor wanted to take the time to learn, just drink :laughing:)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey Daren... where the &^%^@^ did you find that lil guitar playin' avasupthinemothingy????

Oh yeah,uh, welcome.:thumbsup:

I'll keep my musical tastes to myself.:yes:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
mr.mojorising, don't let the wandering posts scare you off. You will learn something here for sure, just stick around and there is some content amongst some of the members (ok, namely mine) silliness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I would have known my user name would stimulate such discussion, I might have chosen 'noblefaired longhaired leapinggnome', or 'aqualung' or even '21st century schizoid man' !:smile:

·
Registered
803 Posts
mr.mojorising, don't let the wandering posts scare you off. You will learn something here for sure, just stick around and there is some content amongst some of the members (ok, namely mine) silliness.
...and mine!!!!:stupid:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts