Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We wondered if any other Woodworking Talk forum members had either organised or attended green woodworking courses in the past. If so, what were your experiences? At Lethenty Mill Furniture, we are planning our first green woodworking course, which will run from Monday 20 - Friday 24 July. We are hoping to include topics such as saw sharpening, spoon carving, the use and construction of pole lathes and shaving horses and woodturning using the treadle-operated cast iron lathe. The emphasis will be on green woodworking in the North East of Scotland; there is very little information on this topic so setting up the course has been a challenge!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
God I wish you were doing that somewhere near Tennessee in the USA at a reasonable price. I do work green wood but certainly know that there are a million things I don't know. I've built and used a spring pole lathe. I've been redoing some wooden hand planes, and I just tried my hand at saw sharpening. I'm mostly a turner now but I want to be able to demonstrate how to work with non powered tools and also show green woodworking techniques.

·
Registered
912 Posts
A gentleman from our woodturning club did a demo at a park a week or so ago where electricity wasn't available. He set up two of those solar panels from Harbor Freight and two car batteries (I think) and with an inverter used it to turn all afternoon. Pretty cool!

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts