Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some clamps to replace the HF clamps I've been using. I found a Craigslist ad selling 52 clamps without much more detail. However, in one of his photos, I saw what looked to be long parallel clamps, so it was worth the drive. It turns out they are all Bessey clamps with 6 parallel clamps, 2 of which are 98" long.

These had obviously been sitting in his shop for a very long time and had some rust, but nothing major. The coolest thing I noticed is that on all the F style clamps, it says W Germany in the casting, which tells me these are pretty old clamps.

I paid $175 for the lot and am now in the enviable position of actually having too many clamps.

Iron Clamp Tire Metal Steel

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My garbage cans are now filled with the HF clamps that I can't even bear to give away to some poor unlucky soul. In fairness to them, the F-style worked if you didn't mind how much they flexed, but the quick clamps were useless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.