Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I am an amateur woodworker. About thirty years ago a very good woodworker and carver created some beautiful cabinetry for my church to keep their altar linens in between services. About a month ago a hinge broke on one of the doors. The hinges are made by the Grass Hinge Company. The hinge style is #8820 and is bronze colored. I have tried to find replacements everywhere. The Grass Company says that they will replace any of their hinges for free if you send them $15.00 to cover S/H. I did this, and after about three weeks they sent back my check and said they were no longer covering this hinge style with their warranty. Does anyone happen to have two of this style grass hinge laying around their shop? If so, I would be happy to purchase them at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. :yes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
You might try Ebay. I am currently getting my matching hinges to replace the smorgasbord of hardware on my Seller cabinet and having good luck finding what I need on Ebay.
Furniture Chiffonier Cupboard Wood stain Sideboard
Latch Wood Lock Hardwood Door
Latch Lock Door handle Door Wood
Latch Door handle Door Wood Lock
Latch Door handle Handle Lock Wood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the same advise the Grass Hinge Co. gave me, but I have checked ebay every day since and the Grass model #8820 never comes available. Must have been a limited production or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be happy to pay Grass what they want. They no longer make or supply or have access to this style hinge and nobody else makes it. So they don't want anything. Basically they advertise that they guarantee their hinges for life and will replace them if they go bad but then they don't do that. And they no longer make this style so you are out of luck.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I would be happy to pay Grass what they want. They no longer make or supply or have access to this style hinge and nobody else makes it. So they don't want anything. Basically they advertise that they guarantee their hinges for life and will replace them if they go bad but then they don't do that. And they no longer make this style so you are out of luck.
Post a picture so we can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Post some pictures my friend! I did a Google image search of Grass model #8820 and all that came up was the pics posted above, some farm equipment, a meat grinder and real and model trains.

Now I want to get back into model trains :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts