Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son called and said my 4 yr old Grandson needed a Chest of Drawers. Wanted to know if I could make one to go with the Captains Bed I made earlier. I said sure no problem. A friend of mine works at the Port of Catossa in Claremore, OK and recently got access to a bunch of 4/4 Pine Crates that were 3x3x6 ft. He graciously donated several of the 3x6 side pieces to the project. I had some scrap 3/4" plywood and bought some drawer slides and in 3 days produced this... Please don't look at my shop, it's a disaster!!! I was flying trying to get this finished. I worked Saturday, Sunday and 2 evenings this week. No time for Cleanup!!!:icon_redface:

All drawers are 7 3/4" High x 17" deep and 34" wide. Overall its 38" tall by 36" wide x 18" deep. Delivering this weekend and the Granson and I will primer and Paint it to match the bed. Gunna try and find some Baseball Bat drawer Pulls for it, if they don't Break the Bank!!!!:eek:

Thanks for Looking!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Very nice of you to make this piece. Be sure to fasten to the wall at the top, don't need the entire piece falling on him when he climbs to the top using the drawers as ladder steps. Happens often.

Have fun, FUN IN GOOD,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already got the Wall fastener in the top drawer!! Thanks for the reminder though. Everyone should be aware of this fact!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'd like to see a pic when it's all painted with the drawer pulls attached.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well done, and good use of the recycled lumber! Have fun finishing it with your Grandson...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts