Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my grandkids present from me. Finished it yesterday. On time, but overbudget. Lol

image-1275402072.jpg

Here's the overall shot.

image-1581130837.jpg
Tire swings.

image-1853892530.jpg

Slide.

image-1057752370.jpg

Fire mans pole.

image-2765959564.jpg

Rope ladder.

image-1939771593.jpg

Bridge, under which I'm going to put a porch swing, sometime later.
Hopefully they will enjoy it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's awesome. Most projects for grandkids are over budget. But when one of them crawls up on your lap and says "Grampa you maked that for me" it don't matter.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Grandkids and budgets to not mix. Budgets always fall a poor second to the kids. :laughing:

Nice job overall. They should enjoy that one for many years to come.

Now tell me, how did you manage to hide it from them until Christmas?

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Johnnie. The answer to that is geography. The closest grandchild is an hour away. Three are 3 hours away. Two more are across the country in Utah. I can't wait to see them climbing all over it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That is a great gift and generous use of your time. I've done many similar projects for my children but not as many for my grandchildren. I guess I'd better get busy!

Bret

·
Registered
588 Posts
That looks so nice, looks like a lot of fun will be had there.

My wife really wants me to do that for our grandkids, but I just tell her that if it takes me two years to build the kitchen cabinets the grandkids will be teenagers before I finish the playground so why bother starting.

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bret and Carvel. I'm pretty slow on projects too. I'm surprised it only took a month. Whenever someone asks me to make something, I'll start my agreement by saying, "you know, I'm pretty slow." Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts