Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nine year old granddaughter wanted to turn something for her mom and dad, for mother's and father's day. She turned two pen/pencil holders today. Then she carved "MOM" and "DAD". Had a great time getting her to the lathe and introducing her to carving...ken:icon_smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yap it was your lathe now you are going to need her permission to use it :laughing::laughing::laughing: She's done a beautiful job

·
Registered
679 Posts
So nice to see kids interested in something other than electronic gadgets. Kudos to both of you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What great fun for both of you :thumbsup:

That'll make birthday shopping easier ... face shield, safety specs, turner's smock, spindle roughing gouge ... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It is so good when young kids get into crafts. I have a few 8 year olds and older grandkids who I am going to get in the shop. I have one 10 year old boy who really likes shop work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all! Duncsuss is right gifts just got a whole lot easier, have to outfit her for safety...ken

·
Registered
300 Posts
Way to go Grandpa! Something she can be proud of and both of you can be proud of the memories you've created.
Keep it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts