Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always looking for tools, I found this on Craigs list. I would like to start turning pens and such.... and it is something that my wife can do with me. I got it all and some pen blanks for $200, What do you guys think?

Lathe has low hrs ( mostly making pens). I tried making a bowl once.
Lathe is too big for my pen making business.

This new lathe sets a new standard in economy and features for midi lathes. The basic lathe includes a bed with an 18" turning capacity that can be expanded up to 40" with the extension bed option. Turn baseball bats, table legs and banister spindles with the added capacity. With cast iron construction and a powerful 1/2 HP motor - the TurnCrafterPro™ will provide you with years of quality turning.
Specifications: Purchase includes:
• Motor: 1/2HP
• 5 Speeds 500 - 3200 RPM
• Headstock: 1” x 8tpi
• Tailstock: Live center, #2MT
• Construction: Cast Iron
• Wt: 68 lbs, 87lbs with extension bed
• Overall size: 30"L x 7-1/4"W x 14-1/2"H
• Length with extension bed: 52”L
• Swing over bed: 10"
• 6" Toolrest
• 3" Faceplate
• #2 MT Spur Center
• Live Tailstock Center
I will also include #2 Headstock Spur drive ( retail $15.00)
#2 Headstock polishing spindle ( retail $10.00)
Sears Craftsman 10" Faceplate ( new in box never used ($19.95)
#2 PSI Pen Making Mandrel ( for turning pens) (retail $17.95
Lathe and Extension Bed Retail for $199.00 without any extras.
I'm selling the whole set listed for $120.00 firm
Call or Email for info between 10:00am and 9:00pm

I also have for sale ( and it will be listed seperatly as well) a pen making copy duplicator attachment that works with this lathe only ( never used in box) that makes duplicates of pens with cutter templates that you can buy to dupicate the same ones over and over ( I have 4 different cutters brand new in pkg) Duplicator sells for $104.95 at Pen State and the 4 different cutters I have are $45.00) I will sell this attachment for $65.00 if interested as well.
The 2 pics of the lathe are with and without extension and the other pic is the copy attachment that sells seperatly.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
"WOW" man I think you got a great deal. I am on Gregslist every other day, and never find anything that good.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Make sure and post a pic of the laith and what you have made with it.

An Idle tool is a sad tool:icon_cry::icon_cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts