Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's gonna be a HELL of a comute!!!:laughing:
I hope you have a truck....I live in Vancouver and don't even own a car!!!

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
I had a girlfriend/dive buddy from 99 til 2001 who lived in Vancouver. She did not even have a drivers' license. What is it with you canucks? :eek:

She'd say "I don't need one I just hop the train or walk." I hopped plenty of trains with her the first time I stayed there with her. The subsequent times I always rented a car. After about my third visit she would take the car to the market and come back and say "Man! I need to get a drivers' license that's just WAY too handy eh?!" :laughing:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you've been here....now you know why:blink:.
I've actually come back from the lumber yard on the bus....arms full!!!:laughing:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
yeah I forgot the busses nearly. they were actually fun for me since it was a new experience for me. People just sit quietly as the bus seems to stop . . . accelerate . . . stop . . . accelerate . . . turn . . . accelerate . . . stop . . . accelerate . . turn . . We rode those more than trains just for whatever reason those Ells stuck in my brain.
Vancouver Island and Nanaimo are beautiful. that whole place is awesome. Except for downtown Vancouver. Nuke it and start over. :laughing:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I see allot of overarm routers on irsauctionsdotcom, industrial size.

Broinlaw has the woodteck version of that sander,, loves it for the money (it ain't no Timesaver widebelt).

What to get Drill press- I know its allot more cash but a benchtop mill drill has a beefier spindle, 2 axis table (super nice for fine tuning a setup), sliding dovetails/ mortice's are easy, on and on.

I vote for an 8" joiner. grizz makes a 4 knife,, get a magna set to go with it.
jim

·
Registered
266 Posts
We have the WoodTek 25" dual-drum sander and it works VERY well. It's $1489.99 in the current catalog, plus $146.00 motor freight.

For your drill press and jointer, take a good long look at the Steel City machines. They are competitively priced, and the SC drill press 17" has 16 speeds, 3/4hp motor, and a full 6" stroke. We have the 6" SC wedge-bed jointer, and it will do everything we throw at it.

Just my .02.

Nancy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts