Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't have a picture of my clamp stash, but I know just what you mean. I have Jorgenson Pony clamps on long pipes, Jorgenson bar clamps 4' and 5', Vice Grip C-clamps in various sizes...about 16 of them, squeeze clamps, web clamps, C-clamps, and hydraulic jacks....and I still need more sometimes.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
Poor man's spring clamp. take a section of 3 or 4 inch PVC, rip lengthwise along the wall (not through the entire pipe) and cut into sections wide enough to use for your project. Either adjust the width of the clamp to change pressure, or use the smaller diameter pvc. (It doesn't work well with less than 3 inch pipe unless you're dealing with very delicate stuff.)

When building my wood kayak I had something like 40 of these cut from a 6 foot section of PVC. In one of my moves along the way I've lost them all but easily replaced, and a whole lot cheaper than buying spring clamps. I think I have a picture in one of my albums showing the clamps in use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.