Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my fiance told me I could have the old raggedy boat house in the back yard. So I decided to make it my wood shop. Here are some pics of the process.
Remember ive never build anything like this im totally NEW at carpentry. ... comments welcome....
ForumRunner_20131006_200147.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i like this

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all, so far it has taken 1/2 day Saturday, and 1/2 day Sunday and 160.00 in materials....... :)

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Looking good so far. I can't think of a better use for an old pavilion. :thumbsup:

The way I rotate my sideways pictures is by opening them in MS Paint and going to "image" then "flip/rotate".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tomorrow, depending on the weather ill be making the doors, then make a woodworking table and start building my shop.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Lol can someone fix them for me!!!!!
We encourage people to figure out how to manipulate images themselves. If we do it for you, then what happens next time? Do we KEEP doing it for you?

If you need help, tell me what operating system you are using and what graphics tools you have available and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction if Chaincarver Steve's suggestion doesn't do it for you.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
While you are adding the door, you might want to add a window or two. You'll be glad you did when it gets hot in the summer or you need some natural light.

Otherwise, its coming along nicely. I wish I had a place like that in my yard.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
While you are adding the door, you might want to add a window or two. You'll be glad you did when it gets hot in the summer or you need some natural light.

Otherwise, its coming along nicely. I wish I had a place like that in my yard.
Yes, Thats a great idea, There is a place here where I can get used windows, so ill grab one or two and put them in. Thanks for the Idea.....:thumbsup:

I think the park will be mad you turned their picknic area into a garage. Lol looks great and you have a huge yard.
LOL Yeah thanks to the old owners, that table was left behind along with the "boat house" :boat: and the all the lumber. As far as the yard we have 1.3 acers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts