Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
I don't like roller coasters. Had a bad experience when I was younger.
I haven't been to the park in like 25 years.
Wow!!! Now I feel old. Laughing!!!!!

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
We enjoy the water rides, log flumes and the like. We can't really do roller coasters easily now because the kids are too small. We switch off going on them with the oldest though and have enjoyed a few the last couple times we made it to Orlando. Nothing specific comes to mind though...

I don't do wooden roller coasters anymore; they make me hurt too much.

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
how bout water parks?
since i work at a small on im a little partial
and since i work all summer i dont get much of a chance to go any more but
Dollywood in piegon forge tn has a great new ride i love

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I used to love roller coaster when I was younger. My brother and I would run from roller coaster to roller coaster all day long until the park closed at Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh. Now a days I can’t run that fast LOL

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
cabinetman said:
What was it. It's OK...you can be graphic.:laughing:

I was at six flags going on the demon with my uncle and when I noticed my harness didn't lock
I started freaking out. The roller coaster at that time was moving.
My uncle reached over with his left arm and held on to the grab bar and held me in.
Going upside down and doing twistys was quite scary.
I can't thank him enough.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Always been partial to the wooden "Giant Dipper" at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. Oldest wooden coaster on the west coast.

Rode some of the new fangled, upside down, whoopty whoops at Orlando last year, and I felt like I got a concussion... Give me tame, old school in my advancing senility.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Always been partial to the wooden "Giant Dipper" at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. Oldest wooden coaster on the west coast.
I rode that once. that was really a long time ago

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I hate theme parks, period.

However, on the island of Oahu, there is "Sea Life Park". I wouldn't miss it. It is run by biologists to fund oceanic research. The biologists may not be doing the tricks with ocean mammals, they do come out and interact with the public. They believe that the more that you know, the more likely you are to bring friends to the park.

Get there at about 9 in the morning and stay to closing at 5 PM. Follow the "program" and you will have a very enjoyable day. The cost for two is about 60% the cost of Disney World for one.

There is an ocean theme park around the corner. All that I can say is BTDT. (Been There Done That)

http://www.sealifeparkhawaii.com/attractions.asp

·
Registered
315 Posts
As for jumps, night ones are a pretty good rush.

As all my fellow Jumpmasters know, closing your eyes and peeing your pants on the way out the door doesn't count as a night jump with a water landing LOL...but I do agree, night jumps are the coolest, problem was we always had to do them MASSTAC with combat equipment, kind of sucked the fun out of it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My favorite coaster was steel phantom at kennywood till the took the loops out and changed it.
Sleeper you from pittsburgh to its a small world

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
My favorite coaster was steel phantom at kennywood till the took the loops out and changed it.
Sleeper you from pittsburgh to its a small world
I am from Pittsburgh, but I left in ’66. Still visit Family there.:smile:

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Long story, short version.

I had to go to a funeral about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh during mid September. I extended the air reservations an extra day to go to Kennywood only to learn that they closed after Labor Day. Completely ruined the trip for me. The funeral? It was for the MIL and we hadn't spoken in over 30 years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts