Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It looks like a pretty good tool for moving sheet goods, my problem is my shoulders (my whole body) are worn out, I have RA and bad bursitis in my shoulders, the RA is just a traveling ache, at least one joint is going to hurt like hell each day, sometimes multiple joints, so I am pretty much stuck with the slide and use leverage to get the sheets where I want them, gravity sometimes helps too LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have one and it works as advertised. It's a little awkward (for me) to get it up to carrying height. Someone with stronger wrist wouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
26,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one and it works as advertised. It's a little awkward (for me) to get it up to carrying height. Someone with stronger wrist wouldn't have any issues.
With me it's my lower back and the last few months my legs are giving me trouble so bending down and lifting a sheet really hurts. Even the panel carrying tool wouldn't help me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have one at work (big box home improvement store). It's definitely handy for lifting and carrying sheet goods about once they're set on edge, and is much more comfortable to use than the hook-style panel carriers. It will readily grip heavy sheet goods, such as 3/4" MDF or pressure treated plywood, without slipping, and does not mar drywall. I haven't tried it on slick surfaces such as melamine board, so I can't comment on that.

However, it's awkward to try to lift a horizontal sheet with it, since you have to push "up" (or on a horizontal sheet, away from you) to make it grip. But I haven't spent much time trying to figure it out; there's probably a good technique for lifting that I just haven't struck upon yet.

·
johnep
1,982 Posts
I like the C clamp idea. I used to use these to steady the ladder when working on the roof. I clamped them onto the PVC gutter each side of the ladder and secured with cord.
johnep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts