Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
L.I Village Craftsman
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out if you haven't already.
Google's Analytics monitors your web site...sells you how many people look at your site, where theyre from, how long they stay, what pages they open...its kinda scary but it free:yes:

And AdWords...directs people to your site but costs $$$$ per click into your site....but you set the amt you wanna spend.
Its worked well for a lot of people but so far its just confused me
Andy

:stupid:
http://adwords.google.com

www.google.com/analytics

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Analytics is MUST if you have a site. I just added the script to my page last Friday when Andy brought it up over at Saw & Timber. It is amazing. I can see where my visitors come from (links or searches) how long they stayed, what pages they visited, what page they hit first and which one they left on. It even shows what city/country they are from.

It is free and easy. For guys like me using Doteasy as a host it took about 10 minutes. I gained some valuable info just over the weekend (you get a report every 24 hours)

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Daren, I couldn't figger out how to add it to Doteasy becasue all the tags are hidden since ours are templates. Do you just click "Edit Body Content" and then add the script right in there with all the rest of the text? And if so does it matter if you put it before or after the text. Seems like to me it would just show up as text in the page itself.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Kevin. I just went to "edit page" (my home page). "edit side bar", since we have templates, but you can add web tools in the sidebar. Then when you have the sidebar click "add custom script" and copy/paste the script Google gave you into that.

If you can't figure it out, p.m. me your username and password (for dotesy) and the script, I can add it for you. You are going to like this thing. One part I like is the world map, it has little pins on it from where your visitors come from. Like what city, anywhere in the world. (I guess I already said that) It tells what keywords where used to find you, what search engines. If they are new or returning visits...and kinda stuff. Even their connection speed and browser. If i had a more "retail site" I could see how this could be a big boost. Mine is more just me blah,blahing about my little operation.

There is nothing visible on the page once you are done. I was not even sure I did it right till Saturday morning when I checked and it said i had 57 unique visitors overnight.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Daren you mean you don't have my UN and password from the last time you had to tweek my site? :laughing:
I still remember the password...just because you said it was the one to your ATM too :laughing:. No I forgot them both, funny how that works, the older you get and the more you have to remember the less you do :huh:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts