Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for safety glasses that work well with over-the-ear hearing protection? Seems that all the glasses I've tried break the seal with the muff and lessen the NRR. In addition, the muff then puts too much pressure on the temples of the glasses and gives me headaches. I currently just use ear plugs but want to use ear muffs because they usually have a better NRR.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I use safety goggles with closed sides against my face. The earmuffs go on over top of that. When I'm carving steel with a Dremel, the cutoff wheels explode on occassion, the chunks of wheel at 15,000rpm tend to sting.
The 'muffs date back to my days shooting Unlimited Class pistols ( eg 7mm/.308). With 4 extra foam layers, I do not hear the Dremel at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use safety goggles with closed sides against my face. The earmuffs go on over top of that. When I'm carving steel with a Dremel, the cutoff wheels explode on occassion, the chunks of wheel at 15,000rpm tend to sting.
The 'muffs date back to my days shooting Unlimited Class pistols ( eg 7mm/.308). With 4 extra foam layers, I do not hear the Dremel at all.
I bet those pistols had some bark to them. There is a crazy difference between shooting a .22 out of a rifle vs a pistol, I can't imagine what shooting something like a .308 out of a pistol must sound like. I actually want the glasses so that I can wear them under some electronic muffs when shooting as well. :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a few different types, some with side protectors some wrap around. The ones I use regularly I bought at a pistol range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts