Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Brand new here so try and bear with me ;)

I'm an artist but haven't done woodworking before and have always been interested in it. Currently I want to make a few sculptures for my home office out of some wood scraps I have. Some are just old pine, others are that grapevine stuff you put in terrariums. I thought a good and fun way to do this was with rotary tools as I can do broad sculpting with them and then fine details.

That being said, I can't spend a fortune but would like to have a decent number of bits for carving, smoothing, etc. It also wouldn't hurt to have ones that extend past wood work for DIY stuff. I don't mind using a tool that plugs in if it is more powerful and efficient than a battery powered one.

Thanks and I hope you can help. There are so many brands and kits available I have no idea where to start! :blink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can't go wrong with Dumore tools. They are not cheap new, but since they last a long time, you might find one used. Unlike the Dremel, the Dumore is rebuildable, so an older one with sloppy bearings is still a good buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts