1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
29,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
An experienced novice
327 Posts
I bought some of these the last time they were on sale. I haven't even used the large round over bits but the straight bits get a fair bit of use and seem OK. Certainly good for the price.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
This is a great offer. If you buy all 66 router bits, the cost falls to about $2.50 per bit with free shipping.
Hard to beat. With 66 carbide bits, you will be fixed up for sure.

Reactions: woodnthings

·
where's my table saw?
29,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bougfht all 66 bits! DANG!

This is a great offer. If you buy all 66 router bits, the cost falls to about $2.50 per bit with free shipping.
Hard to beat. With 66 carbide bits, you will be fixed up for sure.
I didn't even see that offer at the bottom of the page. I looked there after you mentioned it and found it. :smile3:
Thanks for the tip! You can not beat that price for this quality of bits, and even if you only use them once in a great whil, it's a steal of a deal. There may have to be a router bit storage box in the works, we'll see.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I received an email from Peachtree today and ordered all the bits also, at this price you just can't pass it up. The note did say not all bits were in stock and gave you the option of taking what was available now, or waiting for everything all at once. I took the what is available now option.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great deal, thanks for the heads up. I wish I had the scratch to buy the whole shebang. But a few of those I've been needing. It doesn't say on the page how long the sale is for. Does Peachtree usually run these promos for like a month the way Rockler does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looking through their inventory and saw a bit called pilot point panel bit. From description I get that it's perfect for cut outs in ply and other substrates. At first I thought cool, a plungable cutter for fast, clean internal cuts. But then thought wait, what can this do that a spiral bit can't? Can anyone please explain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
where's my table saw?
29,411 Posts
Holy Moly!

Until you've seen 66 1/2" shank router bits all spread out you have no idea what that's like. My set came today and now there is a bit holding project in the works..... only 66 plus 1/2" holes in something. The "plus" is for the 1/2" bits I already have, so maybe 80?

I will never ever use them all, but if you backwards out the math, $160.00 divided by say, $10.00 per bit you would have 16 bits, not 66. :wink2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I received my box full of bits today also. I wasn't expecting to get them all, after the checkout note but they are all here. Look to be decent quality and you sure can't beat the price.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
When I placed my order on line, I didn't get free shipping.
The ad said free shipping with the order for 66 bits but I was charged for $15.99 for shipping on my card.
I will probably try to contact them by phone.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,987 Posts
Trying to decide if my bit fantasies are justified or perhaps I'll actually find that suitcase full of cash and the mafia won't want it back and not want to break my legs.

I think I'll pass for now and blow my money on lumber I actually need now and maybe make enough later to fulfill my bit fantasies at a later date..

I was actually eyeballing the 31 piece forstner bit set because one never knows when one may need to drill a bunch of 1 and 13/16th inch holes.. Knowing my luck it'll be tonight and I didn't order that set..

·
where's my table saw?
29,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I finally made a storage system

These bit have been laying around on the assembly bench for long enough. Time to make a system for holding them so I can actually tell what bits I have. Came up with these blocks, actually made for my reloading bench.

The 13 mm drill was $23.00, but that was the only bit that worked, 1/2" was too tight, and the only expense on the project. The variable speed drill press was set at about 1000 RPMs. Nothing fancy, just holes on 1" centers on a 5 X 10 grid which makes for 50 holes. I pre-drilled a pilot 1/16" hole for the larger bit and it went right on the smaller hole each time. MDF dust is nasty and I had the shop vac close by to catch the dust.

The block is made from 2 same size pieces. There are 13 mm through holes in the top one, the bottom one has none. They are glued together, the edges sanded on the belt sander and then shellacked to seal them. MDF doesn't seal well on the edges. I chamfered the sharp corners and edges. The blocks measure 6" X 11" for those who want to make some....

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is an ancient thread but Peachtree is again selling Stone Mountain router bits at a steep discount. Promo Code RBIT42 gets you selected bits at just $3.99 each. Shipping free for orders over $30. (That was a deal killer for me!) They also offer Trend bits for $2.99. There's very little information on those and I can't verify they're even carbide.

Based on what I've read in this thread, I was going to grab a couple of Stone Mountain bits that I know I use frequently. I have a full set from Yonico that I like quite a bit but I'll never use most of them. Just a few of them might wear out someday. I was all set to order and then saw the $30 minimum for free shipping. Rats.

·
Registered
586 Posts
This is an ancient thread but Peachtree is again selling Stone Mountain router bits at a steep discount. Promo Code RBIT42 gets you selected bits at just $3.99 each. Shipping free for orders over $30. (That was a deal killer for me!) They also offer Trend bits for $2.99. There's very little information on those and I can't verify they're even carbide.
Do you have a link? Not seeing anything like that on their site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have a link? Not seeing anything like that on their site.
I'm baffled. I can find no evidence in my email about the deal, and not even a link in my browser history. Is it possible they sent me an email that self-destructed?

The code I mentioned still works on the two brands, but maybe not every model.

I'm going to keep researching how the email and links disappeared. I didn't know that was possible.

·
where's my table saw?
29,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts