Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself,
My name is Don I'm 46 years young and love woodworking.
I'm not a pro by any means, just love the hobby.If you would like
to know more and see some of my work or maybe post some of yours
you might want to check out my site.my email is open all coments are welcome.

Don Cross
http://workinhomedad.com

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the site Don. Feel free to posts those pics here with the story behind them:thumbsup:

46?

I dont know about everyone else but I started woodworking when I was 12 with my Grandfather. He built Timber Frame barns and fine furniture. I knew then I loved woodworking but it wasnt until my late 30's that it became a priority in my life again. I am now 45 and just cant get enough sawdust in the air.

How about the rest of you? When did that urge kick in or has it just been a way of life for you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good www site Don.:thumbsup: I do have one suggestion for us with weak eyes. That yellow in your title has got to go. :blink::blink:. LOL

·
Registered
757 Posts
Welcome Don

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome, Don.

I'll be 38 this spring and my entry into woodworking started when I was about 10 working on the farm with my grandfather. He made pole sheds and other things for livestock and equipment. When I was about 10 or 11, we made a garden shed for my mother. He was never a carpenter and only had a skill saw, hammer, and framing square, but we made a wonderful little shed that my sister uses at her house today. I think that was one of his most favorite moments in life. At 88, he still talks about that shed today. It is a fond memory of mine as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts