Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! I am new as of about 30 minutes ago. I’m looking forward to stepping out of my lurker/reader shell and participating more with the community.

I got my start in woodwork when my wife and I moved in to our house a few years back. We built some raised beds for gardening, and when we were done I had these saws and new tools to toy with.

Fast forward to today and I’ve been exploring woodworking for a few years, got a nice job that is sort of a paid internship if you ask me (don’t ask my boss…!), and I’m flirting with trying to sell my own stuff at some point.

I have become completely addicted to woodturning, probably more than any other wood work activity. I can get lost over my lathe for hours, even if all I am doing is tinkering and practicing.

There is much more I could ramble on about, but I am saving some stuff for forum chats!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi, everyone! I am new as of about 30 minutes ago. I’m looking forward to stepping out of my lurker/reader shell and participating more with the community.

I got my start in woodwork when my wife and I moved in to our house a few years back. We built some raised beds for gardening, and when we were done I had these saws and new tools to toy with.

Fast forward to today and I’ve been exploring woodworking for a few years, got a nice job that is sort of a paid internship if you ask me (don’t ask my boss…!), and I’m flirting with trying to sell my own stuff at some point.

I have become completely addicted to woodturning, probably more than any other wood work activity. I can get lost over my lathe for hours, even if all I am doing is tinkering and practicing.

There is much more I could ramble on about, but I am saving some stuff for forum chats!
Welcome!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice to meet you, I'm Tom from Missouri!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, y’all. Late reply….I was distracted by a beach vacation with the fam last week. Back to the grind today :) Glad to be here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts