Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tony, I am a professional cheese maker and kid wrangler, transplanted into Southwestern Missouri by way of Southwest Wisconsin with all credit belonging to my wife. At the moment I view woodworking as a way to relax as I am not very skilled nor blessed with ample time. My current project is a dog house built from reclaimed, free, and slightly twisted shipping crates and I plan on creating an outdoor work bench with the lumber I have left.

I look forward to many brain picking sessions and some banter as I try to ease myself into the fold of this diverse group.

And now, I go to bed! G'Night!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I say good morning and good night because I work normally from 3pm to 11pm and more often than not til 3am.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far the twins and I have only accomplished a floor. And I'm slightly embarrassed as its not truly square with the twisted lumber. But yes, I shall post a picture or a few.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome to a great woodworking site because of the great folks who hang out here. Understand we all started making less then quality work. Some of us have progressed and others are struggling like yourself. Don't be ashamed of your woodworking beginnings... I still own my crude original project and it's still useful 40 years later. Understand one thing... we more experienced folks still make mistakes - but experience has taught us how to hide our mistakes. Welcome - and don't forget to enjoy your wife and kids (twins you said?).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. I have boy/girl 5 year old twins. They start kindergarten in 29 days. I'm a wee bit excited for some silence. Also have a 16 month old little girl dubbed the Kracken. Yes, she has earned her nickname.

I'm hoping with more free time will come more patience in building which in turn will lead to better quality. So many things I want to do with so little time to try them right now!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Welcome!
Seems lots of us had similar starts.
You found a good place to learn from!
Dave H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts