Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,333 Posts
It is. He's holding it for me until I get out there tomorrow.
Better get it. I've never seen a lathe that cheap that wasn't one of those tubular lathes like Craftsman. That one is likely to last you the rest of your life. Rockwell has a problem right now with their parts division but sooner or later they will have to get over it or go out of business. The older tools are built better to begin with anyway.

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
*jealous .. I'm stuck with a dual tube, no name special.. I don't use it and am generally scared of the darned thing.
That solid cast base will take 99.9% of the wobble out when your work piece is a bit off balance.
I'd have that in the truck already!
..Jon..

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
That looks like a nice solid lathe Calc. Doesn't look like its seen that much use. Looks like it has a bed extension. Check the tag on it, probably made in the US. Hard to beat at that price. If you turn something on there and it doesn't turn out right, can't blame the lathe.:laughing:
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I picked it up today. The thing is practically unused. Excited to get it going. He's selling because he's moving across the country. Managed to get a few nice pieces of wood along with it for free. I wish I had more room because he had a lot of beautiful pieces.

·
Registered
26,333 Posts
Well I picked it up today. The thing is practically unused. Excited to get it going. He's selling because he's moving across the country. Managed to get a few nice pieces of wood along with it for free. I wish I had more room because he had a lot of beautiful pieces.
Glad you got it! I think you'll find a lathe is the most fun piece of equipment there is in woodworking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts