Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I posted a little more than a year ago here, I made a dollhouse for my daughter.

It's stood up to a year of toddler abuse with no problems, except that some of the "pergo" floor strips have started to buckle up. See pic below.

I used Roberts Vinyl Composition Tile Adhesive #2057, which is what you'd use if you were putting pergo down on the floor of your house. Real-sized house I mean :icon_cheesygrin: I followed the instructions.

I don't want to tear off all the pergo - I'd like to find something to "touch up" the bad areas. I tried more 2057, applying it with a tootpick, but no joy - still seems to pop loose. Not everywhere, just in some problem areas.

Anyone want to hazard a guess of something else to try? Keep in mind there's no foot traffic - except the plastic feet of 6" high dolls.

Under the pergo is plain ol' plywood.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Why not just wood glue? Or contact cement?
Was the Vct glue black? Or use a pressure sensitive glue used for luxury vinyl tile "lvt"
Hard to say.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Pergo is a name brand. Most people use the term to refer to laminate flooring. If that is the case here then vct glue is not what you would use to install it. Pergo's laminate line is a floating floor system and is not adhered to the floor at all. from the picture it looks quit a bit like water damage. Has it gotten wet or is it in an area where humidity could cause the backer to absorb water? The vct glue is a pressure sensitive adhesive and would not have the strength to hold the horizontal expansion and contraction of the product. If the flooring was cut tight to the walls expansion could also cause this type of damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts