Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm... perhaps I should rephrase the title... nah, more entertaining this way. :D

Anyways - for those of you in Hunterdon County, NJ, where are you getting your wood from?

Hopefully on Tuesday I'll cart some new toys home to my workshop (aka basement-with-plastic-shelving-and-a-cheap-table), and during next week, I have a few small things I'd like to do. I also have the larger coffee table project I'd like to start.

But.... I haven't been to any lumber yards, and I only know what Home Depot and Lowes are carrying. So any recommendations?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hardwoods including exotics at a premium price: Fox Lumber in Clinton
They have a lot of common lumber stocked like 1/2"-5/4" thickness in poplar, pine, cedar, mahogany, maple etc...then they have the exotics stored in the trim building near the office.

Warren Lumber is a slowly dying giant and will only deal with you if you're a contractor with an account. They have to special order everything anyway.

Niece Lumber in Lambertville is a good place too.

Crevelings is a local sawmill in Harmony (warren cty.) Great people, fair pricing on rough-sawn.

***** lumber in Easton, PA is a good place, they'll mill anything for you out of almost anything as far as custom moldings go.

·
Hacker of wood
90 Posts
I'm from Monmouth county and finding good lumber here is a chore. It is available but, the prices are steep.

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow - great info joesdad! :D

I should be picking up a few things this weekend (after a mall trip to finish my christmas shopping :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts