Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my garage shop. I built this last summer to get myself ready for making some cool stuff I can't afford. (At least that's how I convinced my wife to let me get into woodworking!)

I adapted this from some plans I got on PlansNow. I changed how the doors and counters were made because MDF concerned me about durability. So the counters are laminated plywood with some wood edging.

Since this was going to be a shop, I didn't bother with sanding or smoothing out saw marks or even finishing the wood. In hindsight, I rather regret that, but it is what it is and I learned a lot doing this!

Here is the centerpiece of my shop, the table saw. Not a fancy one that stops before chopping off your finger, but much better than the $99 saw that came with my house. The first thing I did was build an outfeed table.
Jointer Table saws Wood shaper Tool Table saw

In progress
Furniture Cupboard Room Chest of drawers Shelf

Tall cabinet with slide outs
Property Room Furniture Bed Wall

Roll around cart
Property Room Furniture Table Floor

Getting there. Unfortunately, this is the last pic I took before it got loaded up with crap and is now a mess. There just never seems to be enough work surface space.
Room Property Furniture Interior design Desk

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
29,940 Posts
nice combination of natural wood and red paint

It looks like Industrial furniture... :thumbsup:
I'm interested in the construction detail at the corners. They appear to be mitered at 45 degrees, then there's a carriage bolt head? How does it work?

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like Marv set you up. I took a photo of the underside for reference.

Ceiling Wood Room Plywood Table

I also modified the plans to make more counter space. The plans called for an end panel, but I extended it to be able to squeeze in more storage.

Furniture Room Table Desk Floor

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Very nice! I love the look of the wood with red painted highlights and panels. It's pleasing to the eye. Better yet, very functional. The door that pulls out several shelves is a cool touch. I recognize several of the pieces (the tall shelf units and the wall tool storage). Good job, Arlaghan. You've got a great start to a great workshop. It's looking a lot nicer than MY setup.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow! Like the set up of your shop. The cabinets and drawers look great especially the sliding shelves, and like the color. Can't beat making projects for storage and organization. Your shop looks neat and well organized. Excellent job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.