Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm new to the site, and i've taken up building furniture in my garage for the last few years, i love it as a hobby, and am not bad at it, but i would like to learn more, i've amased a decent collection of tools and am getting better with each project but i'm lookin to perhaps find a woodworking class up here in alaska. I was just wondering if anyone on this site perhaps knows of such a class, i cant seem to find what i'm lookin for on the uaa website so i thought i'd post here. thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think maybe I would instead look for mentors...ones who are experts at certain things...then go sit with them or help them for awile and learn how they do what they do...toward that end, there must be millwork shops or sash and door shops or....woodworking clubs around...I would think Anchorage would have some of this stuff...get with a good club and tell them what you are interested in learning...maybe someone will invite you over for a looky see....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woodworking classes

The Alaska Creative Woodworkers Association has classes on various aspects of woodworking several times a month, and once a year brings a well known woodworker to Alaska for a 2-3 day expert class. Many amazing woodworkers in the club. See the website to join.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts