Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was doing a glue up on one of my drawers on my chest of drawers. Let me pause and tell you that we have 3 chickens that we let out in the yard when we're at home and I swear as soon as I'm doing something important they show up and get under my feet. Anyway sure enough as soon as I get involved with the glue here comes our Americana Lucy. I was "tapping" the dovetails together when a glob of glue shot out and landed right in front of Lucy. (Yeah I used too much) I swear that chicken looked at me and shook her head in disgust and just walked off. I couldn't help but say to the chicken "OH SHUT UP AND GO LAY AN EGG".

Never a dull moment!

·
just a dude
630 Posts
Reading this made me realize that I've been taking life too seriously these days. I need a few chickens.

Thanks for sharing.

Rob

·
Can still count to 10 yea
76 Posts
My son has some chickens that started out as a 4-h project and have now been turned into pets. They will, on occasion, come into my shop area, hop up on my portable bench (2 saw horses with some plywood over the top of them), look at what I'm feebly attempting to do, and then sometimes give the 'project' a peck (I'm guessing of approval??) and sometimes not (their way of saying 'try again, you fool').

They are, however, entertaining to watch at times. Especially during the summer when the grasshoppers are out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts