Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hacker of wood
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I was given a 10" Rockwell bandsaw. It ran like crap. Things had loosened up quite a bit and there was a lot of vibration. The wheels are aligned and the sheave on the lower wheel is a new cast iron model of the proper diameter. Most of the vibration is gone and the saw actually works. I think the sheaves may need some alignment and the belt could probably be replaced. The saw is decent in appearance and I need it out of the shop. The only conditions are you let me take your name and address off your license, I want your screen name here and it is not to go on E-Bay. You must be 18 or over. Pickup only. It is located in Atlantic Highlands, NJ. It isn't great, but it is serviceable right now.

Tom

PS. I need the room for my new Jet.

·
Hacker of wood
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I wanted it to end up on E-Bay, I'd put it there myself. I'm looking to give it to someone who will use it. The over 18 thing has to do with with missing digits. I don't want a dime for it. Nor do I want to go through the hassle of boxing and shipping, hence the local pickup. There are a few blades for it, some new. The motor is the original 1/2 horse and runs real well. It's gutsy for this size saw and like I said, a little time and $10 for a new belt. The belt is very usable but, the fact that it says Rockwell and feels a little hard makes me believe the unit will run better with a new belt. If I get ambitious, doubtful, I may check the sheave alignment. It's a good tool.

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I wanted it to end up on E-Bay, I'd put it there myself. I'm looking to give it to someone who will use it.
Tom
I commend you for doing this:thumbsup: ...if I was closer I would take it. Been looking for one for a long time.

·
Hacker of wood
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, it went to a local about a week ago. If he doesn't pick it up soon I'll get back to you.

Tom

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I bought one of those old Delta Rockwell 10 inch bandsaws a few years back and it wasn't turning that great without viberating. I replaced the babit bearings on the wheels with timkin needle bearing. The thing free spins now. I wish I lived closer to you, because I would have had it from you before your finger hit the post this treat butten. LOL I like the older tools.

·
Hacker of wood
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bearings are actually in good shape. I just cleaned and oiled them. The saw did go to its new home today.

Tom

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
TomD You should get the guy you gave the saw to join the thread and let us know what he does with the old saw. projects and such. Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts