1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Togo and see the sequoias for the first time yesterday. Wow they are big

Tree Bigtree sugar pine Redwood Woody plant

Tree People in nature Bigtree Trunk Woody plant

This Is a pic of me and my buddy. Made it look black and white and ole timey lookin. Thought I'd make a frame and hang it in the shop kitchen.

·
The Old Fisherman
305 Posts
Hard to imagine how big they really are till you've seen one in person. Lots of things you could build with one of those, that's for sure. :eek:

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
how long does it take for them to get that big?

·
The Old Fisherman
305 Posts
I believe it is now illegal to cut them down. There is a show on cable I have seen once(?) maybe twice. I believe it is called redwood builders(?) or something similar. They have several partners (land owners) that own land with giant redwoods on them and get stumps... etc. from them to build custom order items. As you can imagine one "stump" would keep most of us in wood for years.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also found the bark quite interesting. I had read that it could be over a foot thick. When I got there and touched one I was surprised to find that it is spongy. So much so that I was able to punch it full force like a punching bag. I am sad to report that my fist seemed to have little effect on the giant tree.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It may be illegal to punch a tree. And be real afraid if the tree decides to hit you back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.