Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Civilian said:
found a powermatic model 62 with 52" fence. worth $1800? more will follow. Jon Northern Michigan
1800 will get you a pretty darn nice brand new saw.....I'll wait for the more to follow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
To give you an idea.... There is a guy locally who is selling the same model (66) with a built in router table and Beismeyer fence for $1400 and its been for sale now for 6 months...

I think $1000 is about fair for a Model 66 in good shape. You can get a new Powermatic with Beismeyer style fence for $2k new.

*Edit*

Should have read more carefully. I didn't realize it was the 50" fence model... That one goes for about 3k new. So depending how old it is, the shape etc, $1800 could be fair.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
1800 seems high to me for a 10 year old saw....you can get a brand new grizzly 1023rlx with a mobile base delivered to your door for that. I know it's a powermatic....but to me it's not worth the trade off of 10 years of wear and tear.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
A PM66 would have been somewhere near $1800 new 10 years ago. It's a great deal...for the seller. Great saw, no riving knife, no warranty, too much money IMO.

·
Registered
197 Posts
10 year old saw.... I wouldn't pay more than $600-$650.... You can get some really decent saws now a days for $700-$1000 with warrantee, beismeyer fence etc.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
All depends on condition. In mint shape (doubtful if it's been his livelihood for 10 years) I could see a 66 going for 1200....in used beat up shape, I'd pay 4-500 for an operational saw.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
So is there any reason your only considering used saws? If your looking at an 1800 dollar powermatic, you can get a really great new saw without yellow paint for less than that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boy, a lot of good comments here

Thanks for all the comments and quick responses.Taking the comments and my "father knows best" has prompted me to back out on the Powermatic 66 saw. His price was set by a friend of his that has been dealing in used machinery for years. He also had a few other calls about the saw. So hopefully for him it sells. Oh by the way, he bought a mid grade Saw Stop cabinet saw to replace it. Felt he has been lucky long enough.

Jon
Northern Michigan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts