Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wood Coder
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

How can I introduce myself ? I guess the title speaks for itself ^^.
I'm Fouad, a former Automotive Engineer, currently Game Developer & Wood Lover. (even I still don't own my own workshop :( ) But I really hope to have one one day.

I got my Automotive Engineering diploma in France, worked a little bit in Switzerland and Germany.

I got kind of tired of working for companies so, as a game lover, I decided to make games for a living, mobile games to be more precise.

I started getting involved in woodworking 3 or 4 years ago, I started watching tons, I mean TONS of videos and made some small projects for myself.

I mainly used to code kids games but started to feel bored theses last few months, as a former engineer ( I love Maths & Physics and everything related to it ) I now want to make tools for grownups.

Then a bell rang in my head, I was like " Hey, why don't you make tools for woodworkers as you love coding & wood ? ". That was the signal, so I started 1 or 2 weeks ago coding my first little tool that you can check here for free : https://routerbitsearch.com

It's a router bit search tool that allows you to easily draw a router bit profile & search for the bit you need.

I would love if you could try it and let me know your thoughts / potential improvements.

Anyways, I hope I'll come up with various tools to help the community !
Thanks for reading.

P.S. : Sorry this was a bit longer than expected :eek:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Nice introduction. Welcome to WoodworkingTalk!

For others:
I checked out the link. Even though the link domain looks "spammy", it is legitimate. It has a public domain registration and is hosted by a company in Cypress. I checked the site using VirusTotal and it is clean.

·
Administrator
David
5,717 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Fouad! Add your location to your profile so it shows in the side panel. Add your first name to your signature line or we'll forget.

Good luck with your coding and woodworking. We like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. as you build out and outfit your shop.

David

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the forum family Fouad. Hope you enjoy your stay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts