Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me but the woodturning section has been kinda slow for a while now. I was in my treestand this past weekend and came up with an idea to help boost traffic.

Im sure that we all turn things, or make jigs or do something in the shop that is worth sharing, but may not be worth its own thread. Maybe its a just a nice bowl or spindle, that you'd like others to see and comment on.

So instead of starting your own thread, someone would start 1 thread, maybe call it "Today's Turnings", or whatever, thats just what i thought of, that you simply post what you did that day. Anyone interested would just post a picture and a brief discription of what it is.

I think of it kinda like the thread about shop injuries and cuts. So it will just be a running thread. Hopefully, if others are interested, it becomes a sticky thread so any member or visitor, can quickly skim threw the pages and see some of the great work that gets posted here!

This is just my idea so if anyone else has any thoughts, please comment!

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Why don't you start one, and we will follow.. I work in the shop almost everyday afterwork, but not always posting pictures of what im doing, working on videos for the channel etc...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sounds good. I haven't been posting because I can't start a new thread, keep getting an error message and webmaster won't answer emails.

Hey Joe I got a nice 7 point with a split brow Wednesday morning. Story is on my site and video on youtube search Following Ghost there.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ghost5 said:
Sounds good. I haven't been posting because I can't start a new thread, keep getting an error message and webmaster won't answer emails. Hey Joe I got a nice 7 point with a split brow Wednesday morning. Story is on my site and video on youtube search Following Ghost there.
Congradulations! I'll be looking on your site a little later when I'm home and on a real computer.

I'll start that thread then too. Anybody have any of there own ideas I should enclude? I'm sure there's many details I'm missing to help make it successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts