Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
I don't get it

You have an 8 1/4" Forrest blade?
That's a circular saw (Skil) size unless I'm mistaken, I have one that size.
Why do you want to stiffen that size blade? You will lose the cutting capacity, which is not all that much to start with on a 8 1/4" dia.

Is this a specialized application where you need a stiff blade for a circ saw or miter saw?... :blink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't cut high very often and I want one for my powrkraft table saw.. If you have a stiffener I will buy it?

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
Your Forrest is a full kerf?

Don't cut high very often and I want one for my powrkraft table saw.. If you have a stiffener I will buy it?
Unless you are using a thin kerf blade, I can't see the need for a stiffener...really. :no:The smaller diameter blade will flex less than a 10" blade, regardless. Are you trying to shave off very fine amounts in hardwood where there is an increased side force on one side of the blade? Not try to be a wise guy, just curious. I have several stiffeners in the drawer, but have yet to actually find a need for them and all my blades are 10" in diameter. Since the stiffener MAY be located on only one side of the blade that leaves the other side free to be influenced by side loads....does it not? Then you should have 2 stiffeners, one on each side.
Now for the final question...how sharp is your blade and is that a possible issue?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new 40t thin kerf. Tears out. All I see is a 5 inch delta? Send me a link if you see a 4 inch. Thanks scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-Bought a new one-. You know I was just wanting to try one and thought I may be able to find a used one. Didnt expect to open a debate on why I should or shouldn't have one on the classified section. Kind of messed up my ad really but thanks for the concerns guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts