Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's.
My name's Geoff {Corndog is my stage name, I'm a musician. Shhh, don't tell anyone.} I live in Vancouver and have bee building and repairing guitars since I was a kid.
It was a great way to turn a dollar into fifty cents!!!!!!
Just turned 40 and I'm lookin' forward to chattin' wood and tools[:thumbsup:] with you folks.

Cheers...Corndog.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it IS a rockabilly band!!!
I've decided to hang up my luthierie tools and combine my two loves...
Beer and wood.[no, not at the same time!!!] I live in Vancouver, the land of $300,000 1 bedroom condo retro-hipsters.I'm designing some '50's-'60's portable bars for the scenesters out here. Should be fun if I can find a shop....damn!!!...they're expensive out here!!!!:censored:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
It was a great way to turn a dollar into fifty cents!!!!!!
You must be pretty good...my attempts have turned $1 into $0 and frustration :laughing:. I have sold wood to luthiers both tone woods and solid body stock, it is in FAR better hands than mine now. Making a musical instrument of any type is a craft in itself, combining wood/steel/bone...whatever into something that "works".

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome aboard Corndog.....I do a bit of guitar building and repair too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome aboard Corndog.....I do a bit of guitar building and repair too:thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that.:laughing:

Thanks guys....now I.ve gotta sharpen up my 4 1/2.......I've got some work to do.
Our room mate just went to Europe and now I FINALLY have a place to work....his old bedroom.
Hey it ain't much but it's all I got!!!:tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the roomie is gonna be on the road forever it seems so I moved my shop [at the wifes urging] into the big bedroom!!! Now I got 100 sq' to make dust!!! 2nd floor, no one under or beside me and natural light.

....And the beer is just down the hall!!!!:laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts