Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody. I've never posted anything on a forum before. I just got email and a cell phone this year! Found this site by accident while "googling" how to refinish oiled oak furniture. Is this where I ask or do I go to specific heading? The little blurbs about who's on site read very interesting. I think it would be awesome to be connected to a group of like-minded people. I'm seriously lacking knowledge of tools and woodworking in general, but I've always loved wood and have wanted to learn-just never had time or money. Still no money but slightly more time and I want to refurbish an oak dining set I inherited from my sister. It isn't stained-only oiled. Needs some work and I was thinking I'd stain it to be darker. Guess I'll keep fumbling around this interesting place and figure out what to do. Bye!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx

Thankyou Woodman42. It took me a long time just to figure out how to converse in this forum. I've been reading all sorts of really informative stuff and then got sidetracked for hours looking at some of the gallery photos people have posted. WOW. I'm calling my sister to see if she remembers what kind of oil they used when they crafted their tables and chairs. Didn't even occur to me before but, she helped make some of the piesces. From what I've read, I just have to clean the table, let it dry and re-oil it with tung oil and it should be revived and get darker just by virtue of the oil. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts