Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can buy a flush bolt with 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch throw.

I have some carpet that is 0.75 inch with pad. and o.5 inch from carpet to door.

If there is no such thing, can you tell me where i can find a raised/bridged/angled strikeplate so i can moun tthat to floor bu the hole for throw would be high enough for the 1 inch throw to go in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are surface bolts (not flush bolts).

I already have one on the top door and i want to get rid of it.

the metal keeps making noise when you open the active door. It is installed on the passive door.

I really want flush bolt on top and bottom.
The 1 inch top one will work.

But the floor has carpet whih is 3/4 inch from floor.

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts
These are surface bolts (not flush bolts).

I already have one on the top door and i want to get rid of it.

the metal keeps making noise when you open the active door. It is installed on the passive door.

I really want flush bolt on top and bottom.
The 1 inch top one will work.

But the floor has carpet whih is 3/4 inch from floor.
I need to pay attention to what I read, sorry. I don't know if the ones that mortise into the edge of the door will reach that far or not.

Here is another site with the mortise bolts, it doesn't give a lot of information as to the reach. Well forget that one the link is waaay to long. Do a search on door mortise slide bolts. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not think anyone makes those. it seems it is all 1 inch

is there a stirkeplate that comes sort of 3/4 inch angled/high in the middle so the 1 inch throw can go into it.

·
"Drill" Sergeant
141 Posts
Cut a hole in the carpet where the strike plate goes and install a shim so that when the strike plate is installed it is flush with the top of the carpet. Then the one inch throw should suffice as long as your door is cut and installed properly. I'm pretty sure CMAN suggested this to you in a previous thread.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bolt

that sounds a good idea.

I believe the shiim is a small piece of wood. So do i get
2 " L x 1" 1/2" W X 3/4 H" piece and glue it to plywood and then screw the strike plate into that

the length should be probably be sized based on trike plate. the depth is 3/4 which is th ecarpet height.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where i can buy a flush bolt with 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch throw.

I have some carpet that is 0.75 inch with pad. and o.5 inch from carpet to door.

If there is no such thing, can you tell me where i can find a raised/bridged/angled strikeplate so i can moun tthat to floor bu the hole for throw would be high enough for the 1 inch throw to go in.
Hafele #900.17.851 Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts