Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to woodworking. Retired in deland Florida and need help in how to -(ex. I have started a project with mortise and tendons and I need to know how to do them on a table saw.) Since they are small pieces I do not want to lose my fingers. Have library books. Have made some jigs but new advise also. Tried for 2 years to find adult classes to learn-hands on but to no avail. Any ideas where one can get the hands on- Does Lowe's or HD have classes.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
DVDs are a great source. Watch in the comfort of your home (shop is better you can pause, work, watch, pause, work etc.). There are n0 distractions of the motor-mouth types which every class seems to have where the one loud mouth is constantly asking questions 0- designed mainly to illustrate how much he thinks he already knows.

And! A DVD is always cheaper than a class and you can watch the DVD over and over and over. Nothing like having one-on-one instruction for sure, but DVDs are great. I am going to make a 9' concrete couunter top for the lower of our two-tier breakfast/cooking bar. i have had the DVD for a year and laready watched it 3 times. i think I can build the thing right now, but i will wacth it again anyway for a refersher course.

Welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts