where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up and said "How much you got on this?"
He said $3.00. Then he said "What is it?"
I said" I'll tell you after I buy it"
I paid him the $3.00. I said "It's a plane iron holding jig for sharpening."
He said "How's it work?
I said" You put the iron in here, clamp it, and run it back and forth on a stone or sandpaper.....

Just yesterday I posted a link to one for someone in Bosnia Hergzonvia :
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f9/making-bench-hand-plane-51772/
Today I find one, and if I didn't know what it was I may have passed bye.

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
another flea market find

I saw this Craftsman quick release vise marked $85.00 knowing they are $150 in Ebay. Offered $75.00 and bought it. I could barely carry it with 3 fingers to the truck, because my other hand had too much other stuff. Stopped to rest 3 times...... :yes:
This one is made in Japan, the other one I have is USA made.

Attachments

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
woodnthings said:
I saw this Craftsman quick release vise marked $85.00 knowing they are $150 in Ebay. Offered $75.00 and bought it. I could barely carry it with 3 finders to the truck, because my other hand had too much other stuff. Stopped to rest 3 times...... :yes:
This one is made in Japan, the other one I have is USA made.
I bought 2 of those exact vises a few months ago of CL. Paid $70 for them both. I thought it was a good deal. You just verified. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
All I'm gonna say is.......those vises work a lot faster if you replace the acme screw with a pnuematic cly?Whooosht(closed).....whooooosh(open)....whooosht(closed).......whooosh(open).

Good finds,nevertheless.

·
where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dog is loose.

I need to make a better fitting dog. It's about a 1/16" less wide than it should be and maybe a 1/32" too thin. Other than that the thing looks brand new, no rust anywhere. The bolts hole aren't even marred which tells me it was never mounted to a bench. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts