Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm making a flag display case for my father's flag and ran into a problem with hardware for the backing. I included a picture of the hardware from a premade flag case and wonder if anyone knows what these are called exactly. I have grooves running along the inside of the case where something like this hardware can swing into to lock the backing into place, now I just need the hardware. I've been to Michaels, Home Depot, Menards, Lowe's and they don't have anything that would be similar to this. Any help on past experiences making flag cases would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glass retainer clips aren't what I'm really looking for, I think I would have to attach them to the actual case and I don't want to be drilling holes on the back of the case. I'm looking for something to attach to the backing. Anyone build a flag case before, what method did you use to secure the backing?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have made three flag cases and the back fits into a rabbet and is secured with 9 #5 or# 6 flat head brass wood screws. Most of the time flag is never removed from the case once it is put in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.