Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Ok, this thread inspires me. I did a quick look but didn't see a bandsaw box build thread. Does anyone have something like this? I have a 1/4" blade on m 10" craftsman BS that I would think would work just fine.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

· Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
trc65 said:
Mark, here is a link to many threads using the search term "bandsaw box".

Here's a tip on searching that someone else posted a while ago: if you search using the words bandsaw box you'll get results for everything that has the term bandsaw or box.

If you put the search terms in quotes (as in "bandsaw box") however you will only get results that have the exact phrase as typed between the quotes. In this case only results that have the word bandsaw immediately preceeding the word box. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the advice. It helped. I did find several good threads, but I still didn't find a step by step with photos build thread. But I may just give it a whirl with a scrap piece of 4x4 I have just to see how the process goes. If I have some success, I can try it better wood.

Mark

· Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
trc65 said:
Here's a couple I had bookmarked for future reference (when and if I ever get a bandsaw). The first is by Sorrowful Jones here on WWT. The next is one from a Canadian Woodworking site. Hope these help if you haven't seen them yet.
Thanks for linking those. Unless life gets in the way, I will definitely try one of these tomorrow. For now, time for bed...

Mark

· Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Tilaran said:
Get a Carter stabilizer and a decent blade.
I have emailed them about a Stabilizer fir my 10" Craftsman, but they were NO HELP. I asked a guidance question was basically referred their website. Kinda pi$$ed me off, but I still want the stabilizer.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.