Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me apologize up front for the crappy cell phone pic. I tried my hand at a band saw box this afternoon. I really need a different blade, my half dull 3/8 blade just wasn't cutting it. I'll keep it and compare as I move forward. Its suffering from loose curves and lots of glue squeeze out and was basically a learning experience. I did have fun and this will surely be the first of many, many more. Although im not at all happy with it, it is enjoyable. Made out of poplar with walnut oil.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, this thread inspires me. I did a quick look but didn't see a bandsaw box build thread. Does anyone have something like this? I have a 1/4" blade on m 10" craftsman BS that I would think would work just fine.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
There's no build thread for this particular one, I had never done one before and basically just "winged it". This one was done with an older 14" powermatic saw with a dull 3/8 blade. The blade was a little wide to make the tight curves I wanted so a 1/4 blade should work fine. Go for it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.