Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of buying my first table saw and are looking at the Grizzly G0478 hybrid. Does anyone have any experience with this saw or any other comparable saw from other brands? Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 52 in Jet Super saw hybrid with the sliding table. I really like the precision of the fence system, and the sliding table works great. The only fault I have with it is the gaurd is a pain to set up. I got a good deal on it through ebay even with the shiping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have extended my budget and are looking at the Grizzly G1023slwx 5hp cabinet style table saw. It has a built in router table extension. Does anyone have any experience with this saw? Is it worth going with the 5 hp motor instead of the 3hp? Any suggestions? They have to be no more than the price of this saw which is $1,218 delivered.

I am looking to build furniture and cabinets.:eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
You will be impressed with the saw, and getting the motor upgrade will pay off in the long run. Cabinet work will bring you in contact with hard woods, and there is nothing harder on a saw blade then not having enough power to keep rpm up through a cut, burning the blade and dulling it prematurely.

Sounds like you made a great choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts