Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all- I probably know some of you from other sites,an introduction-my name is Edward Alexander--Alex-I'm 62 and have been a woodworker since way back before (1973)-I'm self taught,all my pieces are my own design-I do a lot of hand work-

my shop is 30ft.x60ft.with 14ft ceilings some of the machines are a 36"Scmi band saw a 14" Walker Turner band saw,three table saws,a 16"Tannewitz model U made 1946,a 14" Tannewitz model J-made 1926 and a little 10" Delta,two jointers a 16" and a 6" 18"planer old powermatic,a little shaper,router table,a 10ft. bed Fay-Scott pattern-maker lathe and some other things-I'm going to show three pieces of furniture I made for the Texas Furniture Makers Show last year-
quilted mahogany table-

free standing wine cabinet-

hall table-

so I guess I'll stop lurking and start posting-

rounding off the sharp corners
alex

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Alex,
Nice introduction, welcome to the forum. Cool looking shop. I was looking at your tools in the pictures and wondering, "where the heck are the cords?":laughing: Furniture is beautiful. What kind of wood was the hall table made out of?
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
beautiful work Alex, really like the table. Also some of your hand tools look like mine. old and very useful like a good friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts