Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post.

I took a 5 day course put on by Rob Cosman late this summer hand learnt how to sharpen and use my handtools. We had long days 6:30-9:00 everyday. ( no one could complain about getting thier monies worth) Still can't believe how much I learnt.
Can't wait for next year when he puts on more courses.

A couple of more topcoats and the mission end tables will be in the living room.

Attachments

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Love your dovetails but note not exactly symetrical. Presumably this is a mark of hand cut.

Me I regret would use the Leigh jig which enables you to produce dovetails at uneven spacings to replicate hand work.
johnep

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
This is my first post.

I took a 5 day course put on by Rob Cosman late this summer hand learnt how to sharpen and use my handtools. We had long days 6:30-9:00 everyday. ( no one could complain about getting thier monies worth) Still can't believe how much I learnt.
Can't wait for next year when he puts on more courses.

A couple of more topcoats and the mission end tables will be in the living room.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM GARY

Great looking handwork. Tables came out nice. For your first real project with HC DT's, they look 100% better than mine did. It's an art of persistence that gets better and better. Maybe your next post will be a set of progress pics. That would be cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those dovetails are sweet. I wish we had more classes like that in Las Vegas. I used to belong to a place called The Shop. They were the only place that I knew of locally that had professionals come in for seminars. Unfortunately they closed down a while back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
about dovtails

Those dovtails look good not bad for the frist time. I think it adds value to a project when you hand cut dove tails. Your dovtails look better than mine did when i frist cut then the frist time i had spaces in them an they did not fit right. Now they are considerable better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts