Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started out as kind of a joke. Our kids talk about the most ridiculous stuff at dinner and I said I needed a gavel to get some order around here :) We are also big Sons of Anarchy fans. Anyways, I thought it would be a fun build and a good conversation piece. It was a little harder than expected, and it's not perfect, but I learned some stuff and had fun.

Attachments

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, overall I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few tool marks and I now have a real appreciation for people who do duplicate spindle work. Trying to make each side of the head symmetrical wasn't easy and was a fail but close enough.

I did break out the regular chisels and and practice with them on the handle. I can see where the advantage would be over EWT's with SHARP quality tools.

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MagGeorge said:
Your gavel turned out really good looking, has very nice shapes especially on the spindle. Wood choice is beautiful and the finish as well.
Thanks, the handle was from a cut off 4/4 from the lumber store. It ended up having some really neat grain.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Looks purity sweet to me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: clpead
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.