Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice!

I'm trying to figure out how you made that one where the top appears to be a different pattern than the sides. Did you just cut super thin end grains then glue them to the top of the cutting board?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doomi,

That thin end was a screw up and I will be routing that down so its the same. I would've'e kept it but one chipped off while routing. :no:

Very nice!

I'm trying to figure out how you made that one where the top appears to be a different pattern than the sides. Did you just cut super thin end grains then glue them to the top of the cutting board?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Doomi,

That thin end was a screw up and I will be routing that down so its the same. I would've'e kept it but one chipped off while routing. :no:
I'm not sure that we are taking about the same thing. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the bottom board in the first pic (bottom right in the third pic), looks like it has a very thin top layer (on bottom and top of cutting board) that is opposite from the core of the cutting board. If that makes any sense at all. It doesn't look like a mistake, but maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doomi, I could never recreate it LOL Think two boards same wood, on one I screwed up and the second I screwed up, I was doomed So I messed around and got one. Once I plane it I only hope there is a good pattern! :eek: It was the official first ones I had done and it wasn't pretty. I hadn't figured out the router sled yet and my hand planes dug the crap out of it too. From junk to beauty!

I'm not sure that we are taking about the same thing. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the bottom board in the first pic (bottom right in the third pic), looks like it has a very thin top layer (on bottom and top of cutting board) that is opposite from the core of the cutting board. If that makes any sense at all. It doesn't look like a mistake, but maybe I'm missing something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts