Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my first carved call. They were carved using a turbo carver and hand carving tools. The first call is mahogany and is a duck call, second is black ask burl, and is a goose call.

IMG_20130803_110710_049 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20130803_110438_307 (Copy).jpg

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Those are just too cool!!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Bob Willing

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Beautifully done there, I also love the carvings an you did a beautiful job an great choses of wood to :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Bob Willing

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Incredibly beautiful! Are there plans you used to assemble them? What goes inside?
I have just started to teach myself to carve with a turbo carver, I have been carving since my first carving class at Woodcraft in 2003. I have a hidden desire to carve gun stocks. The duck is a photo transfer which provides the outline and the remainder is some what adlib, much like carving a wood spirit, just keep studying faces. The basket weave was from using a model in a magazine. Right now I am trying to develop the fish scale and a variation on the basket weave.

The duck call works it has the insert from WEBcustom/WEBfoot calls and the goose works it has the guts from Hut. I have been making calls since 2006. Yes I did buy a book on call making but most of my input has been from two forums THO Game calls and Custom Calls online where I purchased most of my supplies based on other peoples comments.

Turbo carving is a learning process and a bit expensive. Sorry for the rambling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bob Willing said:
These are my first carved call. They were carved using a turbo carver and hand carving tools. The first call is mahogany and is a duck call, second is black ask burl, and is a goose call.
Nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts