Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bricky050

Nice work Bricky, your work looks fine. Keep up the good work and please keep posting the pictures.You and I have been turning about the same amount of time. What kind of lathe are you turning with? Mine is a Nova DVR XP. Check out some of my bowls in my gallery. Thanks Mitch:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mitch, i like you turnings too. i have an old (1980's) craftsman 12 in.lathe that i bought from a woman whose husband passed away shortly after he bought it. i had to clean it up as it was stored in an unheated shed for 25 years or so. it will do until i can get a better on. need to work on better chisels too. ...dan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Bricky,

That Craftsman lathe, although mine was much older, was where I cut my teeth. I look back on some of the things I turned on that and I find it hard to believe that I did it. I put that lathe through the mill and it hung in there. It vibrated and stalled out, and I sanded and sanded, but I turned some pretty nice stuff. My Mom is the curator of most of it...;) ;)

I enjoyed your pictures...I like the square one especially..:yes: :yes:

Good work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bricky050
seems like everyone had a Sers lathe at some time or other. I got one off an old guy back in 1978 and hardly ever did anything with it. I just recently gave it to a guy who works for my boy.Your doing nice work on that lathe and someday when you get a newer one your talent will come out more cause it is obvious your going to be good at turning.I meant to ask you where did you learn how to turn the square bowl that you posted? What is the procedure? I would like to try doing that kind of turning. Well, good luck and keep in touch. Mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts