Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its completed. Done in 3 hours.... First one of the year. I forgot how much I loved turning! Also forgot just how much dust your lungs collect!!!!!! Let me know what you think. It's walnut finished with Danish oil. Hope you like it! I welcome all advice critical and non everything is great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That bowl looks nice. I was wondering where you had been! I got about 5 bowl blanks ready to turn. Hopefully I can get to it in a few months.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Travico said:
That bowl looks nice. I was wondering where you had been! I got about 5 bowl blanks ready to turn. Hopefully I can get to it in a few months.
Thanks!! I'm still around hahahaha I've been on here every day you will start seeing alot from me. I'm doing a kitchen buffet and really want to spice it up so I'm sure ill be asking for help.

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
Good to see you back glad that you got a job for the summer mo. Bet it's good to be back at school and be amongst woodworking tools. Nice job on the bowl nice lines good curve on the edge of the bowl. Looks like you have a tooling mark on the edge that could be sanded out without much trouble. Sometimes those sanding marks or tooling marks don't show until the finish goes on and we say drat. Nice job

Jerry

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wood shavings said:
Good to see you back glad that you got a job for the summer mo. Bet it's good to be back at school and be amongst woodworking tools. Nice job on the bowl nice lines good curve on the edge of the bowl. Looks like you have a tooling mark on the edge that could be sanded out without much trouble. Sometimes those sanding marks or tooling marks don't show until the finish goes on and we say drat. Nice job

Jerry
Thanks! It's great to be back!! I had a fantastic summer and learned so much! I do love that part of the day. Shop time is the best. Thanks for the compliments! It was fun to turn and I was happy with how it turned out. I did see that mark in the picture I'm not sure what it is :( ill have to look tomoro. Little sandpaper should clean it up nice. Thanks once again!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice one! And good to see you back!

Dave H

Reactions: jjboozel

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cuerodoc said:
Nice one! And good to see you back!

Dave H
Thanks you! It's great to be back I missed it so much. Today I literally worked myself out of work...... I need more wood... School has to order more or I have to go get it.. I have one more bowl blank but I'm saving it for a day when I'm really bored.. I might start laying out another funky bowl like I did last year with the segments. Not sure yet. It will be a fun year that's for sure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts